Pegasos i8042 broken again

pacman at kosh.dhis.org pacman at kosh.dhis.org
Mon Oct 11 04:32:27 EST 2010

Benjamin Herrenschmidt writes:

> Those things really suck. They absolutely refuse to fix their FW for
> reasons I never quite managed to figure out.

The last time around, they did release a firmware patch (pegasos-dts-20071018)
to fix up the device tree enough to satisfy the kernel. Now that the kernel
has become dissatisfied again, maybe another patch will appear.

> At this stage, I'd say the best is to add yet another pegasos workaround
> in prom_init that adds the missing compatible property.

This one would be more complex than the other fixes in prom_init. It's not
just the compatible property that's missing. The 8042 node in the device tree
has no children.

--
Alan Curry