Change in PCI behaviour

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Nov 20 08:46:58 EST 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 08:42 -0700, Gary Thomas wrote:
> In this case, note that PCI device 0000:00:0c.0 is at 0xc0000000.
> This causes problems because it's a truly stupid device that does
> not work properly at PCI [relative] address 0x00000000.  It simply
> does not respond at that address.  Pick anywhere else and it will
> work fine!

Hrm, we used to have a trick avoid giving out the first meg of a bus to
avoid that sort of thing, I suppose it got lost. The rest is related to
the way you map your PCI I suppose in your dts. You can switch back to a
1:1 instead of 1:0 mapping I suppose.

One way to achieve the above result would be to, in your platform code,
reserve the mem region that corresponds to PCI 0...1M (c0000000...+1M)
before the device resources are assigned/allocated.

I though we had code to do that with the "legacy" regions somewhere...
oh well, no code at hand to check right now.

Cheers,
Ben.