Can't boot benh/powerpc.git kernel

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Nov 11 09:06:57 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 11:54 -0800, Jim Keniston wrote:
> I got Ben's linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc.git source and built it
> (.config file attached*).  It hangs on boot.  When I boot it with
> loglevel=8, its last words are:

First, please try with Linus upstream. The "master" branch in my git
tree is quite stale, and my next and merge branch are too at the moment
as I'm still travelling. All our current stuff was merged during the
last merge window so there's nothing "new" for you to pickup in my tree
at the moment :-)

If the problem still occurs, I'll have a look next week.

Cheers,
Ben.