"event-scan failed" logflood

pacman at kosh.dhis.org pacman at kosh.dhis.org
Thu May 13 14:13:29 EST 2010

I upgraded the kernel on my Pegasos from 2.6.32 to 2.6.33 and now it sends
the message "event-scan failed" to the kernel log about 60 times per second
as long as it's running.

The message comes from arch/powerpc/kernel/rtasd.c but I don't know what's
going on in there so I can't say much more about it.

How may I help find the cause of this problem?

(Or alternatively: what is the correct way to disable this "event-scan"? I
suspect it's not really necessary since it didn't exist in the previous
kernel version, and the system is running perfectly aside from the error
message flood.)

--
Alan Curry