Virtio_console usage of early printk

François Diakhate fdiakh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 04:45:47 EST 2010

Hi all,

As far as I can see, early_put_chars is not used by virtio_console
because it checks whether there is a port available before using it.
If I understand correctly, this makes it useless because once we have
a port, we can use the regular virtio transport to output things to
the console. Does the attached patch seem valid ? Feedback from s390
and powerpc users who use this functionality would be appreciated.

Thanks,
François