machine check in kernel for a mpc870 board

Shawn Jin shawnxjin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 18:37:07 EST 2010

>> => bootm 1000000
>> ## Booting image at 01000000 ...
>>    Image Name:   Linux-2.6.33.5
>>    Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
>>    Data Size:    747319 Bytes = 729.8 kB
>>    Load Address: 00400000
>>    Entry Point:  004004d4
>
> Load and Entry Point should probably be 0

But the cuImage.adder875-uboot image also has the same load address as
mine and the entry point is 0x4004d8. Also cuImage.mpc885ads has the
same load address and entry point as cuImage.adder875-uboot. So I
don't suspect them.

All right. I built a uImage for mpc885ads and the uImage's load
address and entry point are both 0. So this is because I'm using
cuImage instead of uImage.

Thanks Joake, anyway.

-Shawn.