Using devices trees on X86

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Tue Jun 29 12:38:43 EST 2010

Hi Stephen,

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 10:57:33 -0700 Stephen Neuendorffer <stephen.neuendorffer at xilinx.com> wrote:

> 2) config OF is currently implemented in the architecture code.  This
> should be non-architecture dependent and selected by the arches that
> need it.
>
> Comments greatly appreciated, in particular if you have
> likely-to-be-easy-to-get-accepted suggestions for 3), or feel like
> carefully solving 2) in
> a way which doesn't bork the existing of-based arches.

See the following patch set.  Parts 1, 2 and 3 could be applied to the
respective architecture trees as well as Grant's tree to aleviate some
conflict problems.  Part 5 could wait until a later time if necessary.
However, this is relatively trivial, so we could just collect ACKs and
put it all in Grant's tree and live with any minor pain.

Having OF in more than one Kconfig file should not cause any problems as
long as they are all the same.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au