Request review of device tree documentation

Dan Malek ppc6dev at digitaldans.com
Sat Jun 12 09:47:26 EST 2010

Hi Grant.

On Jun 11, 2010, at 3:59 PM, Grant Likely wrote:

> I've been doing a bit of work on some introductory level documentation
> of the flattened device tree.

Wow, I feel empowered to create device trees now :-)
Seriously, I never understood this well and this is a
great document.

I have one source of confusion.  Your first Initial structure
example uses 'compatible' to describe the machine, the
paragraph below then mentions the 'model' property,
and all subsequent examples use model.

Does this mean if I use just the single line in the dts,
using 'compatible' implies the ARM machine ID?  If I
have more description I use 'model'?

Thanks.

	-- Dan