fsl_rio.c build problem

kerstin jonsson kerstin.jonsson at ericsson.com
Mon Jun 7 02:20:23 EST 2010

On 06/04/2010 10:04 PM, Scott Wood wrote:
> On 06/04/2010 06:24 AM, kerstin jonsson wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using:
>>
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git
>>
>> and building for ARCH=powerpc - mpc85xx_defconfig
>>
>> arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_rio.c will not build due to a missing
>> MCSR_MASK bitmask definition.
>>
>> The attached patch is based on code found in
>>
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc.git
>>
>> and - at the least - will fix the build problem.
>>
> Can we remove the use of MCSR_MASK from fsl_rio.c instead?  I don't see
> what it's accomplishing here.  MCSR_MASK will be wrong on e500mc, so
> exporting it as something that looks generic doesn't seem right.

Thanks for pointing that out, I agree in the context it's currently
used in the fsl_rio.c, it's not obvious what purpose it serves.

I have a e500v2 so I guess that just removing the MCSR_MASK
from the fsl_rio.c will make no difference in my case.
> MCSR_BUS_RBERR also needs to change on e500mc -- you'll probably get
> MCSR_LDG.

Someone that know the e500mc probably need to have a look
at this part of the fsl_rio.c then.

BR,
Kerstin