Adding a section to linux kernel

Azhar Shaikh azhar904 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 21:41:02 EST 2010

Hi,

I am building a kernel module on linux-2.6.31 on a PowerPC architecture.

While buildng the module i am including a static library given by the
client.

I am getting the below warning while building the module with the library:

WARNING: /home/drivers/modules/module.o (.ghsinfo): unexpected
non-allocatable section.
Did you forget to use "ax"/"aw" in a .S file?
Note that for example <linux/init.h> contains
section definitions for use in .S files.

The .ghsinfo section i havent used in my code. It is being used in the
Library given by the client.
Does anyone know how do i include a section (namely .ghsinfo) into the
kernel to get rid of the above warning?

Regards,
Azhar