cpm_uart_console_write() stuck in waiting for transmitter fifo ready

Shawn Jin shawnxjin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 10:30:01 EST 2010

>> > My RCCR=0x1, meaning the first 512B is for microcode. So the data and
>> > the TxBD should really be starting at 0xfa202200? Then my muram data's
>> > reg should be <0x200 ?>? What size shall I specify?
>>
>> After the muram data's reg is changed to <0x200 0x1a00>, the cpm_uart
>> driver works properly and the kernel messages are printed on the
>> serial port.
>
> The muram node is supposed to show the portions of DPRAM that are
> usable by the OS.  If some portion has been taken up by microcode (or
> anything else not under the OS's control) before the OS has started,
> then it must be excluded from the muram node.

It would be nicer that the initialization code could query the RCCR
value and adjust the base address. It took me quite a while to
understand the design. Without your help it could take much much
longer. So thanks a lot for your help. My project hasn't been done
yet, so I may bother you again. :)

Thanks again,
-Shawn.