2.6.35-rc4 ppc crash when loading radeon modeset=1

jjDaNiMoTh jjdanimoth at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 03:05:32 EST 2010

2010/7/13 Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net>:
[cut]
> Are you looking at the right log file, not the one from the new X server
> after the reboot?
Yes, I looked to .old, when referring to Xorg.0.log.

> Maybe you could post the full dmesg, Xorg.0.log and X server stderr
> output (should be captured in the gdm/kdm log file) from trying with
> modeset=1.
>
>> At this time, I think it isn't a kernel problem, am I right?
>
> With modeset=1 it most likely is a kernel (configuration) problem.

So, I've now the acceleration. The main problem was radeon.agpmode,
setting it to -1 (and removing all files in xorg.conf.d related to
radeon) fixes all issue (also the freeze on glxgears). Now I have
~1500 FPS, and I'm fine with it (before I got 100 FPS).

I get the acceleration also with a non-KMS capable kernel, so I think
we got the point. I will add the option to modprobe.conf for archPPC.

I tried a program which use a lot opengl, the only thing I see is
ERROR: GL error 1282
ERROR: Ignoring 1 openGL errors

but the topic-error is fixed.

Thank you.