2.6.35-rc4 ppc crash when loading radeon modeset=1

jjDaNiMoTh jjdanimoth at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 02:02:21 EST 2010

2010/7/13 Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net>:
[cut]
> Could be a GPU lockup again, possibly due to still using AGP 4x with
> modeset=0.
[cut]
> What does the log file contain with modeset=1?

We have no message, after the X.org freeze.

messages.log:
[...]
Jul 13 17:11:01 jim kernel: [drm] Num pipes: 1
Jul 13 17:13:39 jim kernel: Using PowerMac machine description

(we have rebooted)

In Xorg.0.log there aren't information after the crash, only a right startup.

Maybe I could try to connect via ssh and see if there are some
informations which aren't written to disk...

At this time, I think it isn't a kernel problem, am I right? Also, we
have the same problem (freeze in glxgears or other program using glx)
both from normal user and from root.

Thank you again