spi_mpc8xxx: Setting cs_change at the last transfer of a message

Torsten Fleischer to-fleischer at t-online.de
Tue Jan 26 03:21:41 EST 2010

As stated in spi.h (at struct spi_transfer) the driver can keep the chip
select of the last device active if cs_change is set at the last transfer of a
message.
The spi_mpc8xxx driver always deactivates the chip select after completing the
message regardless of cs_change is set or not.

I'd like to patch this. But before doing that I'd like to learn if there are
any known use cases where the above described behavior of the driver is
needed.

Thanks
Torsten