NAND (UPM) / NOR Flash(GPCM) existence MPC832x any issue

nanda nanda74pg at rediffmail.com
Tue Jan 26 04:36:39 EST 2010

Thanks for the information.

Based on your input, I could successfully update the dts file and gpio controller configuration. I verified from the GPIO chip intialized and added properly. But, still Iam getting the message as
"No NAND device found!!!".

In our system we have two flash NOR connected thru GPCM and NAND device(STM Flash is NAND512W3A2C) connected using UPM.

NAND Flash starting address: fb000000(64 MB size)
NOR Flash starting address: fa000000 (16 MB size)

MPC8321E processor's port C, PIN 15 connected to the R/B PIN of NAND Flash.

Below are the dts file changes in mpc832x_rdb.dts

DTS File changes:
----------------------------
qe_pio_c: gpio-controller at 1430 {
#gpio-cells = ;
compatible = "fsl,mpc8360-qe-pario-bank",
"fsl,mpc8323-qe-pario-bank";
reg = ;
gpio-controller;
};
};
localbus at e0005000 {
#address-cells = ;
#size-cells = ;
compatible = "fsl,elbc","fsl-pq2pro-localbus","simple-bus" ;
reg = ;
interrupts = ;
interrupt-parent = < &pic >;

nand at fb000000 {
compatible = "fsl,upm-nand";
reg = ; /*64MB*/
fsl,upm-addr-offset = ;
fsl,upm-cmd-offset = ;

gpios = ;
flash {
compatible = "stm,nand512-a";
};
};
nor at fa000000 {
device_type = "rom";
compatible = "direct-mapped";
reg = ; /*16MB*/
probe-type = "CFI";
bank-width = ;
u-boot at 0 {
label = "U-Boot";
reg = ; /* 512K */
read-only;
};
fw at 80000 {
label = "UCC QE Firmware";
reg = ; /* 256K */
read-only;
};
dtb at c0000 {
label = "DTB";
reg = ; /* 256K */
read-only;
};
kernel at 100000 {
label = "Kernel";
reg = ; /* 4M */
read-only;
};
fs at 500000 {
label = "Root File System";
reg = ; /* 8M */
};
user at d00000 {
label = "User";
label = "User";
reg = ; /* 3M */
};
};
};

Please let me know if I missed out anything.

Regards,
Nanda