mount ramdisk rootfs /etc directory to jffs2 filesystem.

Marco Stornelli marco.stornelli at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 19:14:54 EST 2010

2010/1/22 Johnny Hung <johnny.hacking at gmail.com>:
> 2010/1/20 Marco Stornelli <marco.stornelli at gmail.com>:
>>>>
>>> I consider to use ramdisk as rootfs because worry about wrong
>>> operation in rootfs (is use jffs2 rootfs) and it will cause system
>>> boot up failed.
>>> Another query, does the syslogd/klogd log files also store in jffs2
>>> rootfs? Write to jffs2 frequently will reduce flash life cycle.
>>>
>>> BRs, H. Johnny

> It seems there are a lot of file-systems I have to study :P. The same
> question is
> how to split my rootfs? Re-mount /etc, /var to another file-sysyem mtd part when
> system boot up?

Simply, you can mount each mount point with the fstab file and a
script, same approach of every linux distribution, nothing more. Even
in the pc world you can mount your /home on a partition with ext3,
/var in a partition with ext4, and so on. A very simple approach to
setup the system, it is to start with NFS for example with "whole" fs,
copy what you need in the right place, setup the start-up script and
reboot.

Marco