Large physical address support on e500 platform

Aaron Pace kodiakuppercut at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 17:27:58 EST 2010

> > Its possible that we've broken module/vmalloc support with
> > "Large physical addressing".? Its not something I've
> > tried in a while.? What kernel/git SHA are you using.
> >

>I'm just pulling in from the main kernel tree git.
>My current version is 2.6.33-rc4-00193-gd1e4922-dirty,
>but it had not changed since 2.6.33-rc2
>
>I started from 2.6.32, but I don't remember if I had a large PA
>support enabled there.

Just to second this issue, the following commit is what broke this:

[76acc2c1a7a9a8c2cae7e9cf8d0a8b374a48aa94]

I didn't have time to delve into the whys & hows, but this commit
caused the same issue on an 8572 platform.
Reverting this one change allows everything (including 36-bit memory
access) to work correctly, as before.

-Aaron Pace