mount ramdisk rootfs /etc directory to jffs2 filesystem.

Johnny Hung johnny.hacking at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 20:20:53 EST 2010

Hi ALL,

I have build an embedded Linux system and rootfs is a ramdisk. Ramdisk
rootfs resides in memory so modify files is non-effective after a
reboot. Some directories in rootfs, like /etc, /usr, ... are contain
many application configuration files and I want to mount it to jffs2
flash filesysyem so it will take effect after a reboot. Is it
possible? I know the flash has write times limited so the log files
(syslogd/klogd) should not store in flash. In general, how to deploy
root file system for embedded linux with flash storage?

H. Johnny