xilinx-pci driver and pci in general

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Tue Jan 19 04:36:07 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Michal Simek
<michal.simek at petalogix.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> We (John and partially I) did initial support for pci on Microblaze.
> It is based on powerpc files and almost everything is the same.
> There are some small differences which could be easily removed that's why I
> think that will be good to move that file to any generic location.
> That's why I would like to know your opinion about this step.
> If you don't like or prefer we will add that modified versions to
> arch/microblaze and in future we can merge them and move to any other
> location.
>
> Affected files: xilinx-pci.c, pci_32.c pci-common.c, indirect_pci.c and some
> headers.

My preference is to move the common bits to a common location first,
and then modify to make it suitable for Microblaze also.  I've just
finished doing a bunch of fdt merge work where PowerPC and Microblaze
diverged in subtle ways.  It isn't a whole lot of fun.

g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.