fsldma: cleanup driver and fix async_tx compatibility

Ira W. Snyder iws at ovro.caltech.edu
Tue Jan 12 03:29:00 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 11:17:04AM +0530, Dudhat Dipen-B09055 wrote:

> Hi Ira,
>
> I have tested your patches with async DMA memcpy support. Though I
> haven't captured the improvement figures.
> It works fine for RAID5 memcpy offload as interrupts are coming for
> separate DMA channels while I have ran IOZONE onto RAID partition.

Excellent, thanks for running these tests. I'm glad to hear that the
RAID offload is working now.

You shouldn't notice any difference in performance. On a 32MB memcpy
operation, broken into 32x 1MB memcpy(), 1x interrupt(), I noticed less
than 0.1% difference (approx 100,000 ns / 0.1ms). This is probably at or
near the limits of my measurement accuracy.

Ira