PCI NIC for powerpc system

John Linn John.Linn at xilinx.com
Sat Feb 27 12:57:23 EST 2010

Hi,

I should apologize ahead of time for my lack of knowledge with PCI.

I'm trying to better understand if I can run a standard off the shelf
PCI NIC with a powerpc kernel as the PCI with device tree is not clear
to me.

I don't see many Ethernet drivers having OF support in them so maybe
devices on the PCI bus are discovered by the kernel such that the
drivers don't need to be OF aware.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
John