Does Linux 2.6.32 support NAND flash connect with MPC8247 through localbus with GPCM mode?

Peter Pan pppeterpppan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 12:12:05 EST 2010

2010/2/27 Scott Wood <scottwood at freescale.com>:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:08:09AM +0800, Peter Pan wrote:
> There isn't one.  I was not under the impression that such a configuration
> was even possible (how do you control ALE/CLE, for example?).  There is a
> NAND driver that uses UPM, though -- perhaps you could use that?
>
> How specifically is NAND connected to the SoC on your board?  What about it
> suggests GPCM?
>
> -Scott

Our custom board is originally running VxWorks, and there is a full
solution on NAND
flash connected through GPCM. Because of this, our Linux can only try
to adapt to this.

I'm now writing GPCM NAND driver from the UPM NAND driver. Most function can be
copied from our U-Boot port. Now the NAND flash can be recognized, but there is
some bug in my driver, the kernel will oops for access 0x00000000, I
will continue
writing the driver next monday.