Gianfar driver failing on MPC8641D based board

Anton Vorontsov avorontsov at ru.mvista.com
Fri Feb 26 03:51:41 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 04:46:54PM +0000, Martyn Welch wrote:
[...]
> > nfs: server 192.168.0.1 not responding, still trying
> >

> Further testing has shown that this isn't restricted to warm reboots, it
> happens from cold as well. In addition, the exact timing of the failure
> seems to vary, some boots have got further before failing.

Unfortunately I don't have any 8641 boards near me, so I can't
debug this myself. Though, I tested gianfar on MPC8568E-MDS with
2.6.33 kernel, and it seems to work just fine.

I see you use SMP. Can you try to turn it off? If that will fix
the issue, then it'll be a good data point.

Meanwhile, I'll try SMP kernel on MPC8568 (UP), and let you
know the results.

Thanks,

--
Anton Vorontsov