TR: Linux 2.6.x 82xx probe devices with multiple serial drivers

Laurent Lagrange lagrange at fr.oleane.com
Fri Feb 12 05:39:44 EST 2010

Hello,

I use a 82xx platform with a device tree which describes 4 SCC ports.
I want to probe these 4 SCC ports against 2 serial drivers (e.g. async and
sync).
Each port is declared as compatible with the 2 drivers.

When the first driver is loaded, all devices are probed and bound
with this driver and cannot be probed against the second driver.

I know that it can be a way to prevent against concurrent accesses but the
configuration is static and depends on how the drivers are loaded.

In fact, I want to load my 2 drivers, probe each entry without requesting
any resource then select how to open my ports using the first or second
driver.

Any tips ?
Thanks
Laurent