problem backporting talitos for MPC8272

Alexandru Ionut Grama gramaalexandruionut at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 12:10:55 EST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to backporting cryptoApi from 2.6.35.7 to 2.6.21 for making
backward compatibility with the crypto-processor of powerpc MPC8272. This
uses the SEC1.0 from Freescale for crypto. This processor it's mounted on a
custom board with a non-standard closed bootloader, but it can pass
parameters to the kernel.

I've made already the backport for the cryptoApi and talitos and the
compiles and runs. Consulting /proc/crypto I can see normal results, but no
drivers involving talitos. This it's normal because talitos_init() runs, but
not talitos_probe(). ¿Why? ¿How can I force a driver to be probed? I can see
that talitos it's registered on "of drivers tree", but nobody calls the
function talitos_probe(). I've making print this activating the print of
changing kobject on Kernel Hacking.

My final question it's about of-tree. I have the mpc8272ads.dts file with a
tree that involves talitos, but I've changed the properties acording the new
version of it on 2.6.35. ¿This file (mpc8272ads.dts) when it's used?I think
I don't use this file for nothing (it doesn't appears on make V=1) because I
don't have a normal bootloader and I have to load the kernel like a
flat-binary gz, so there's no more step after building System.map.

In the ocf-linux talitos driver specifications says that the only difference
between SEC1.0 and SEC2.0 it's the clock velocity. It has the same number of
channels and so on... ¿so talitos can be compatible with SEC1.0?

Also, ¿where I can submit the work already done (backporting of cryptoApi) ?
Maybe it's useful for someone.

I appreciate your help because this work it's a part for my finial bachelor
work.Thank you.

King regads,
Alexandru.

--