PowerMac G4 (Digital Audio)

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Tue Dec 7 22:30:24 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-07 at 13:27 +0200, Risto Suominen wrote:

> > Can you hack the file I previously pointed out and see if that helps?
> >
> Well, I could try. Actually, I don't own a machine to test with.

Oh, ok... I thought you did.

> So, as far as I can see, you don't have any special handling for this
> machine, or any other either? And you don't look for these gpio15 (hp)
> and gpio16 (lo). They are the detect inputs, not mute outputs. So can
> they cause such problems that no sound is played? Hmm...

Right, normally we don't need any special handling since the DT has the
right names ... this machine just needs an override for the GPIO names
(gpio15/16 rather than the proper detect names).

> One solution could be to just remove the support from snd-aoa and
> continue using snd-powermac. Now it's difficult because of the
> auto-loading.

Yeah, not really ... I wrote aoa, so I guess I'm biased, but really
snd-powermac is quite a mess.

johannes