SPI bitbanging driver

Ravi Gupta dceravigupta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 19:39:56 EST 2010

Hi,

I am new to linux device driver development. I have to develop a spi
bitbanging driver for MPC837xERDB board. So far I have found that linux
kernel already has support for bitbanging over gpio(I am using linux kernel
2.6.35). Now I am confused that how I am going to configure SPI pins as GPIO
and what API to use to write my driver. I searched over internet a lot for a
sample SPI bitbang driver but unable to do so. Can anyone provide me some
sample bitbang driver explaning how to use the spi_bitbang.c and spi_gpio.c.
Do I need to change the mpc8377_rdb.dts file to register spi pins as gpio?

Thanks in advance
Ravi Gupta