Booting MPC8377ERBD from NAND flash

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Thu Aug 5 02:16:23 EST 2010

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 15:34:59 +0100
"Jenkins, Clive" <Clive.Jenkins at xerox.com> wrote:

> > I am trying to boot MPC8377ERBD freescale board from NAND flash.
> > As per its specifications, it supports NAND boot but it there is
> > no support for NAND boot in the BSP(confirmed with freescale also).
> > Now I decided to modify BSP myself to support NAND boot and I am
> > confused that from where should I start. Please suggest.
>
> Read this
> http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN3201.pdf
> and other documentation on the Freescale site

That's a bit outdated on the software side.  Look under the nand_spl
directory in u-boot; you should see several boards to use as examples.

If possible, I suggest working with the latest upstream u-boot rather
than what comes with the BSP.

If you have further questions, ask at u-boot at lists.denx.de.

-Scott