Boot hang when setting console=none with MPC5200B custom board

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at arcor.de
Fri Apr 23 17:28:59 EST 2010

Hi Sylvain:

> Humm I see, here is the node I'm creating in the initial ramdisk, so
> they are there before mdev is launched in one of my init scripts.
[snip]

I additionally have "tty0 c 4 0" which might be important here, plus a lot of other crap (should clean up there...;-).  I don't use a ramdisk, but have the /dev folder in the flash jffs2 image.  In the init script, I say

/bin/mount -t tmpfs ramfs /dev
mdev -s
mkdir /dev/pts
mkdir /dev/shm
chmod 1777 /dev/shm

and then tty0 is gone.  So to be honest I'm not absolutely sure it's necessary.

My inittab contains

::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS
::respawn:-/bin/sh
::shutdown:/etc/init.d/rcS stop
::restart:/sbin/init
::respawn:/sbin/dropbear -F

With this, I can access the board through ssh (dropbear).  The dmesg output lists "console=tty0" as expected.  All PSC's are in the device tree, btw, and available as serial ports.

Hth,
Albrecht.

Traumziele - von Beschreibung bis Buchung jetzt kompakt auf den Reise-Seiten von Arcor.de! http://www.arcor.de/rd/footer.reise