mpc5121e-Real Time Clock

CTAG / Moisés Domínguez moises.dominguez at ctag.com
Wed Apr 14 17:39:47 EST 2010

Hi,

I am trying  to use internal Real Time Clock of my ads5121 board .So that I
am using /dev/rtc-0 device with linux/Documentation/rtc.txt example. I can
read and write time/date but I notice RTC is not being updated as if VBAT
was off or there was not oscillator (I tested oscillator and VBAT).

According MPC5121e errdata of freescale doc., there’s an issue involving
RTC:

“The TAMP bit in the SRTC does not reliably provide an indication that the
RTC power supply or the RTC

oscillator has been interrupted”

Workaround:

“In your system’s design, do not rely on the tamper indication to be
reliable”

Looking in rtc-mpc5121.c code I didn’t find anything related to Keep Alive
Register (where TAMP bit is) so I would like to know where this issue is
taking into account or if it is really being taking into account in the
driver.

Regards,  Moisés.