[Patch 1/1] PPC64-HWBKPT: Implement hw-breakpoints for PPC64

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Apr 7 18:03:31 EST 2010

Ok so too many problems with your last patch, I didn't have time to fix
them all, so it's not going into -next this week.

Please, test with a variety of defconfigs (iseries, cell, g5 for
example), and especially with CONFIG_PERF_EVENTS not set. There are
issues in the generic header for that (though I'm told some people are
working on a fix).

Basically, we need something like CONFIG_HW_BREAKPOINTS that is set
(maybe optionally, maybe not) with CONFIG_PERF_EVENTS and
CONFIG_HAVE_HW_BREAKPOINT. Then you can use that to properly fix the
ifdef'ing in include/linux/hw_breakpoints.h, and fix the various other
cases in powerpc code where you are testing for the wrong thing.

Cheers,
Ben.