I can not get my MII working on MPC8247 with Linux 2.6.32.6

Peter Pan pppeterpppan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 11:56:19 EST 2010

Yes, the PHY address is correct, I've checked the schematics, and
2.6.22 is also using this PHY address.
The different between 2.6.22 and 2.6.32.6 is that:
In 2.6.22, we use arch/ppc/8260_io/fcc_enet.c as the driver. IMMR
address 0xf0000000 is directly used.
In 2.6.32.6, cpm2-fcc-enet driver is used. In that driver, the
register address is ioremaped and used. The others are the same.
I've tried to use the dir and data register address directly in
mii-bitbang.c, but that leads to kernel oops.
I've wrote a low level gpio driver for our processor MPC8247, and I
used that for our external hardware watchdog, it works fine. Then I
use the low level driver in the mii-bitbang.c, it still works
incorrect, all I get from MDIO is 1.
I'm really confused.