lite5200b kernel not booting

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at arcor.de
Sun Sep 27 22:22:40 EST 2009

Am 25.09.09 14:15 schrieb(en) Jon Smirl:
> No one has tried the Macraigor USB wiggler on the mpc5200 and
> reported back if it works.

I'm working on a self-designed, roughly Lite5200B based board, and
first thought about buying this device.  However, I tried to contact
their support several times (as to get a confirmation that it will work
with our flash and board-specific design), but never got a reply.  So
we ended up with the Abatron BDI3000, which is rather expensive, but
works really flawlessly, and Abatron's (and their German distributor's)
support is just *excellent* (fast and professional).

> uboot 1.2 is very old. That may be the cause of your problems. For
> example old u-boots don't initialize the PCI hardware correctly on
> systems that don't have PCI implemented.

U-Boot 2009.03 together with ELDK 4.2 work flawlessly on both the
Lite5200B and on our design.

> In general the current powerpc kernel works fine on the mpc5200b. We
> are running it on four different CPU boards but I don't have a
> lite5200b.

I can only confirm that the stock (from kernel.org) kernels run
flawlessly on our boards (the latest I tried was 2.6.30.3, though, but
I don't expect any issues with 2.6.31.1).

Hope this helps,
Albrecht.