GPIO driver for MPC8313.

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Wed Sep 23 16:57:43 EST 2009

>>>>> "Johnny" == Johnny Hung <johnny.hacking at gmail.com> writes:

 Johnny> Hi All:
 Johnny>    Is there a alreday written GPIO dirver or example for
 Johnny> MPC8313/similar ppc platform. It looks like many people need GPIO
 Johnny> dirver to control LED, etc... I think is it possible to write a
 Johnny> general gpio driver for all ppc platform and only need to modify gpio
 Johnny> iomap information of dtb file. Please give me a advice. Thanks in
 Johnny> advanced.

Sure, it's arch/powerpc/sysdev/mpc8xxx_gpio.c, included since 2.6.28. To
use it, simply enable CONFIG_MPC8xxx_GPIO and add a gpio-controller node
to your dts, similar to how it's done in
arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc837*_rdb.dts.

See Documentation/powerpc/dts-bindings/fsl/8xxx_gpio.txt for details of
the dts bindings.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard