R: High load average but low cpu (xenomai can be the explanation?)

Bosi Daniele Daniele.Bosi at mta.it
Tue Sep 22 19:32:43 EST 2009

I suggest you to take a look at the meaning of the data showed by "/proc/loadavg".

See:
http://www.luci.org/luci-discuss/200210/msg00055.html

for more details.

In my opinion your loadavg of 3.0 means only that in your application there is an average of 3 task waiting for running on the CPU. This in general doesn't mean that the CPU load must be 100 %.

Maybe there should be some scheduler issues.

If you take a look into your app sources maybe you can know more about what happens.