NAND partition names in DTS must be named "partition"?

Matthew L. Creech mlcreech at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 08:27:22 EST 2009

I upgraded from 2.6.29 to 2.6.31, and the kernel no longer recognized
the partitions embedded within my DTS file.  I had to revert this
change:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=4b08e149c0e02e97ec49c2a31d14a0d3a02f8074

in order to boot.  This code looks like it expects all partitions to
be named "partition", otherwise they're just skipped.  Is there some
peculiarity in my setup that makes this not work, or is it a general
problem?  I see no major differences between my DTS file and the
stardard "mpc8313erdb.dts".

Thanks

--
Matthew L. Creech