PPC_4xx synopsy USB driver

Cote, Sylvain Sylvain.Cote at verint.com
Sat Sep 19 01:50:24 EST 2009

Hi,

I am trying the new USB dwc-otg Synopsys driver on my powerpc 405ex board.  I am using the kernel 2.6.30.3 from denx git (head 2.6.30 stable 2009-09-04 snapshot).  Previously I was using the USB driver from 2.6.25 kernel.  The driver was unstable and was only working when I enabled some debug prints.

I am moving to the new kernel to get improvement on that USB driver. However, I have some problems with it.  My problem is that probe function is never called (dwc_otg_driver_probe).  The driver init call is done and I can see the debug print "dwc_otg: version 2.60a 22-NOV-2006" but no more call (n.b. I enabled all debug print).  Initialisation is done in probe function, so, my usb dwc_otg controller is not initialized.  In theory, when module is inserted, init is called (dwc_otg_driver_init).  This init call, register the driver (platform_driver_register) and, in this registration, configured the probe function to call (dwc_otg_driver_probe).  But as I said, probe is never called.

First, in my setup, I want to use USB in host mode.

My usb-otg portion of my dts file is:

USBOTG0: usbotg at ef6c0000 {
                                    compatible = "amcc,usb-otg-405ex", "amcc,usb-otg";
                                    reg = <0xef6c0000 0x10000>;
                                    interrupt-parent = <&USBOTG0>;
                                    interrupts = <0 1 2>;
                                    #interrupt-cells = <1>;
                                    #address-cells = <0>;
                                    #size-cells = <0>;
                                    interrupt-map = </* USB-OTG */ 0 &UIC2 0x1e 4
                                                             /* HIGH-POWER */ 1 &UIC1 0x1a 8
                                                             /* DMA */ 2 &UIC0 0xc 4>;
                                    interrupt-map-mask = <0xffffffff>;
                        };

My USB potion of my kernel config (menuconfig)

Support for host-side USB -> y
USB announce new devices --> y
USB device filesystem --> y
USB device class-devices --> y
USB dynamic USB minor allocation --> y

USB mass storage support --> y

USB gadget support --> y
            Maximum VBUS power usage = 500
            Synopsys DWC OTG controller
            Synopsys DWC OTG internal DMA mode --> y
            USB gadget --> M
            gadget zero --> M
            Ethernet Gadget --> M
            RNDIS support --> y

Any help will be appreciated

Thank you,

Sylvain

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or
entity(ies) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message.  If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.