MPC8323 USB Host

spa_kk krishnakumar at spacomp.com
Mon Sep 14 22:49:01 EST 2009

Hello,

This is regarding the MPC8323 in-built USB controller driver,
Environment:
LTIB: ltib-mpc832x_rdb-20070507
Linux: linux-2.6.20
In built usb driver is been ported from linux-2.6.30 to linux-2.6.20
(File: drivers/usb/host/fhci-hcd.c is been ported from
kernel.org/linux-2.6.30)

Problem description:
File: "drivers/usb/host/fhci-hcd.c "
In this file probe function:
of_fhci_probe(struct of_device *ofdev, const struct of_device_id *ofid)
is getting loaded successfully &
FHCI Host Controller, interrupt and timer are getting registered

File:"drivers/usb/host/fhci-hub.c"
In this file function
fhci_hub_status_data(struct usb_hcd *hcd, char *buf)
is been polled continuosly, which is checking for the port change and port
status of the our virtual hub using
fhci->vroot_hub->port.wPortChange &
fhci->vroot_hub->port.wPortStatus

The value in this variable are not getting changed even after connecting &
disconnection the device.

We have manual checked the USBRXP pin, this pin is
HIGH => when device is connected
LOW => when device is not connected.

Kindly let us know how should we debug/proceed.

Thanks and regards,
Krishna kumar M.S & Arif