MPC5200/BestComm functions question

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at arcor.de
Mon Sep 14 02:13:53 EST 2009

Am 12.09.09 16:01 schrieb(en) Grant Likely:

> I've actually got a better driver which exports an API for doing
> local plus bus FIFO transfers.  It's been posted to the mailing list
> a couple of times.  I'll cc: you the next time I post it (real soon
> now).

Thanks a lot, that will be really helpful! :-)

> Bestcomm can do that, but Freescale has not publically released the
> bestcomm documentation, and they do not support writing custom
> bestcomm tasks.  From what I understand there are a number of hidden
> bugs in the bestcomm engine which you could run into if you deviate
> from the provided tasks.  You're very much on your own if you go down
> that route.  :-(

I see - that's a pity, shifting those tasks to a "coprocessor" sounds
like an attractive idea!

BTW, I didn't forget about the 5200 GPT/WDT issue, I just didn't have
the time yet to implement it.  The old work vs. what I would like to do
conflict, but I will try to find a reasonable solution.

Thanks, Albrecht.