MPC85xx External/Internal Interrupts

Sebastian Andrzej Siewior sebastian at breakpoint.cc
Thu Sep 10 23:15:44 EST 2009

* Scott Wood | 2009-09-09 13:28:57 [-0500]:

>> That's why you always have an offset of 16 between every internal
>> interupt source number in the MPC855ERM document and those weired
>> numbers in the device tree :)
>
>This seems to be a common point of confusion -- we should probably put
>something in the dts bindings that explains it.  Am I correct in assuming
>that this particular internal/external split is Freescale-specific and
>not a general OpenPIC thing?
Yes it looks like this. I can see this split in all mpc85xx boards and
mpc8610 boards from Freescale. There just two boards where I don't see
this kind of split: holly & kurobox and I don't the have the reference
manual for both of them to check. I also don't have an OpenPIC spec to
check there.
So from this it looks like e500/e600 thing and FSL only so far.

>-Scott

Sebastian