AW: PowerPC PCI DMA issues (prefetch/coherency?)

Adam Zilkie azilkie at datacast.com
Fri Sep 4 02:04:50 EST 2009

Ben,

Thanks for your info.

Are you sure there is L2 cache on the 440?

I am seeing this problem with our custom IDE driver which is based on
pretty old code. Our driver uses pci_alloc_consistent() to allocate the
physical DMA memory and alloc_pages() to allocate a virtual page. It
then uses pci_map_sg() to map to a scatter/gather buffer. Perhaps I
should convert these to the DMA API calls as you suggest.

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Zilkie
Software Designer,

This message and the documents attached hereto are intended only for the addressee and may contain privileged or confidential information. Any unauthorized disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message. Thank you.