PPC PCI bus registers

Eddie Dawydiuk eddie at embeddedarm.com
Thu Sep 3 09:44:55 EST 2009

Hello,

I have a question regarding reading PCI bus registers from a user space
application running on a PPC SBC. Seeing as though the PCI bus is little endian
and PPC is big endian is it typical that one must perform a byte swap on all 16
and 32 bit register reads?

I've found this is true on a custom board I am working on(with an FPGA connected
via the PCI bus) and as a result I've added a byte swap command in busybox to
accommodate this feature...

--
Best Regards,