ECC & Magic bitmask errors with JFFS2 file system on 6.23 kernel for powerpc

Anton Vorontsov avorontsov at ru.mvista.com
Tue Sep 1 09:47:13 EST 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 01:39:10PM -0700, Louise.Yeung at Sun.COM wrote:
> *Hi Rupesh,
>
> We are using a Freescale processor similar to yours with NAND flash
> supporting 2KB page size .

What kernel version and NAND driver you use? I don't think that old
BSP kernels include fsl_elbc_nand driver, which is a much improved
version of the fsl_fcm driver.

So you might want to swith to a newer kernel or back-port the
fsl_elbc_nand driver[1] and a few fixes to your kernel.

[1] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=history;f=drivers/mtd/nand/fsl_elbc_nand.c

--
Anton Vorontsov
email: cbouatmailru at gmail.com