Low BogoMips

Luigi 'Comio' Mantellini luigi.mantellini.ml at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 02:27:06 EST 2009

Hi All,

my name is Luigi. I'm working on a stripped-down mpc8541 board (that has just
a serian and twe enets).
I have an issue on delay calibration. In fact my at boot time I see the
following on the serial console:

Calibrating delay loop... 83.20 BogoMIPS (lpj=166400)

This value seems to be too low and I suspect an error propagated from u-boot.

Can anyone help me to understand a good way to investigate this problem? which
registers or configuration values I need to check?

I will post the necessary snips of code or configuration if required.

Thanks a lot for your help,

ciao

luigi

--