CompactPCI hotplug on PowerPC

Felix Radensky felix at embedded-sol.com
Sun Oct 25 19:13:16 EST 2009

Hi,

Can someone who used CompactPCI hotplug drivers on PowerPC
systems please share their experience ? Any pitfalls that
should be avoided, things to take into consideration, etc.

I may soon be involved in project using 460EX CPU, PLX6254
transparent PCI-PCI bridge, and CompactPCI cards. The system
should use ENUM# interrupt to detect card insertion/deletion.

I'm mostly concerned with PCI-PCI bridge and resource allocation
behind it. Is something that is known to work well ?

Also, cPCI hotplug drivers seem more x86 centric, and not immediately
usable with OF framework. There seems to be no way do pass ENUM# irq
number into the driver. How should one define ENUM# interrupt in
device tree ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Felix.