MPC5121e DIU driver - kernel crash writing alpha component

LD memorylost at tin.it
Fri Oct 23 20:59:51 EST 2009

Hi Chen,
many thanks for your very fast answer.

If I understand well, the situation is as follows:

32 bits mode, plane1 - if I write any alpha component != 0 I have a system hang
; writing alpha components in any other plane is ok.

- -----

- From my first tries I had lockups also in 16 bits 5-6-5 modes, but in this
moment I cannot precisely track down things.
Is there something I cannot do in plane1 in 16 bits modes ?

- -----

With the previous processor stepping I was not experiencing this problem ; is it
something specific from 0M36P ?

- -----

- From this, if I cannot write something in plane1 I would think about a kernel
display driver patch: a user program ->can not<- lock the system by writing
something wrong.
So... two paths:

- - do not "publish" plane1 as /dev/fb0, but plane2 will be /dev/fb0
or
- - see suggestion about double buffering and filtering alpha components

Thanks,
best regards

Lucio Dona'