Query: Does Linux kernel 2.6.31 support read/write/erase on ST make M29W128GH Flash memory chip?

prakash bedge embeddeddeveloper2009 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 22:18:33 EST 2009

Hi All,

I am searching for M29W128GH support in Linux kernel 2.6.31.
On internet I am seeing that there is some patch work for fixup on write
buffer coomand on M29W128GH. This shows that Linux kernel 2.6.31 supports
the M29W128GH.
But I am not seeing any memory mapping for M29W128GH.

Can anyone please tell me that whether Linux kernel 2.6.31 support the
read/write/erase on M29W128GH? If yes how I can check that?
Which of below files I should use for communicating with ST M29W128GH flash
chip?
cfi_cmdset_0001.c
cfi_cmdset_0002.c
cfi_cmdset_0020.c -- Looks like I shall use this but not confirm.
cfi_probe.c

I am novice to flash driver in kernel so might be not getting the exact
details on M29W128GH.
Expecting a help from seniors in this field.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Aakash