Linux for MPC5554 or MPC5534 (core e200z6)?

Németh Márton nm127 at freemail.hu
Thu Oct 22 02:19:47 EST 2009

Kumar Gala wrote:
> On Oct 20, 2009, at 5:21 PM, Németh Márton wrote:
>
>> Hi Grant,
>> Hello List,
>>
>> is there anybody who was successfully run Linux kernel on Freescale
>> MPC5554
>> [1], [2] or on Freescale MPC5534 [3], [4]? Both of these embedded
>> PowerPC
>> controllers have the e200z6 core.
>>
>> Is there anybody who is working with these controllers or with the
>> e200z6 core?

>>    http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MPC5554
>>
>> [2] MPC5553/MPC5554 Microcontroller Reference Manual
>>    http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/MPC5553_MPC5554_RM.pdf
>>
>> [3] Freescale MPC5534
>> http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MPC5534
>>
>> [4] MPC5534 Microcontroller Reference Manual
>>    http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/MPC5534RM.pdf
>
> I'm not aware of anyone working on Linux for these chips based on the
> e200z6.  What application do you have that you want to run Linux on
> them?

At this time I am just looking to see what kind of operating systems these
chips can run. I think the first step to run Linux would be that the MMU
and serial console starts to work then maybe I would check how the PF_CAN
interface ( http://lwn.net/Articles/253425/ ) would work on this device
if a FlexCAN2 driver is available.

Is there any other powerpc port with e200z6 core?

Regards,

	Márton Németh