c67x00 with mpc85xx

Jeff Angielski jeff at theptrgroup.com
Sat Oct 17 06:44:48 EST 2009

We are using the Cypress USB Host (CY7C67300) with a Freescale MPC8544
and can only get it to work if we add a delay after writing to the
hardware registers through the HPI.

We tried playing with the SCY settings in the GPCM but nothing helps.
It is only when we add usecs of delay after our write() functions that
the hardware works.

The datasheets make no mention of any write-then-read requirements and
the FAEs are stumped right now.

I was just hoping somebody had some experiencing interfacing this chip
to the PowerPC and that they could offer some suggestions or ideas.

TIA,
Jeff

--
Jeff Angielski