[RFC] misc/at24: add experimental OF support for the generic eeprom driver

Wolfram Sang w.sang at pengutronix.de
Sat Oct 10 03:20:20 EST 2009

> I can submit that soon,  but it probably makes sense for Wolfram to
> voice whatever his concerns were about "questionable" properties before
> I document what's there.

Please don't feel offended. The things I noticed are:

a) no documentation

b) 'polarity' is a direct mapping to the register which IMO is a hint to look
closer. I haven't checked in detil, but maybe the active_low-flag could be used
for this?

I mainly got alarmed that properties were mainlined without being reviewed; as
the device-tree is based on convention (which is hard to change afterwards), I
try to make sure this will not so easily happen again (thus the
get_maintainer-patch on lkml).

Regards,

   Wolfram

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |